[1.09b] Drops Thread

Haha nice [mention]Erayz[/mention]. I’m happy you are continuing to progress smoothly ;).

Thanks [mention]fearedbliss[/mention] ! I plan on making a thread showing all my characters once I’m done leveling my amazon, if you guys don’t mind. I might also make a list of the \"notable\" items I have in my stashes too. Maybe I would use it to give progress updates on my \"ultimate\" D2 project too.

Erayz said:
I plan on making a thread showing all my characters once I’m done leveling my amazon, if you guys don’t mind. I might also make a list of the \"notable\" items I have in my stashes too. Maybe I would use it to give progress updates on my \"ultimate\" D2 project too.

This would be awesome. I might do the same some day :geek:

[mention]Erayz[/mention] Definitely! Feel free to open up the threads for your characters ;). As you can see, I have a separate topic for each character haha.

Woooot. I finally got another one! Malah hooked it up!

Now I have matching red BO stix for my main baba :D

It’s been a good day. M’avina’s set is complete, and after countless IK Mauls, I finally got one with 40% CB. :mrgreen:

i’m starting to wonder if Singling increases drop rates XD. And later on the same run I found Blackoak Shield

[mention]Erayz[/mention] Lol no. There are no gameplay changes in Singling. Congrats!

This one was a first for me. I forgot it even existed. Good for werebear druid perhaps?

Wow that’s freaking godly. Congrats on that! The upper bound range is crazy, add Amp Damage and 75% CB.. wow.

Alsp congrats on becoming a Preserved Dead. Looks like you gonna get gassy!

Wow great finds. High runes are abysmally rare in 1.08/1.09 (moreso than 1.07 even) and you can’t cube up... I got a Sur drop in 1.08 once and that was the only one I’ve found.

Also nice on the Cranium Basher, that’s a Diablo 1 classic :)

fearedbliss said:
Wow that’s freaking godly. Congrats on that! The upper bound range is crazy, add Amp Damage and 75% CB.. wow.

Alsp congrats on becoming a Preserved Dead. Looks like you gonna get gassy!

Thanks! I didn’t really understand the rarity of Cranium Basher last night. I looked it up today and apparently it’s listed as one of the rarest items in the game. I’ve been thinking about what build I should make with it. Adding Goblin Toe to the mix would yield 100% CB... :shock:

Oh wow The Cranium Basher?! That’s one hell of a drop!

Congrats [mention]Manny[/mention]

As for me, no new finds, buuuuuut:

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee [mention]Erayz[/mention]! Congrats! You completed 99 on all of them <3. Now what? haha, do it in 1.05b now I guess LOL.

Also, how long would you say it took you to get to 99 with all of them?

[mention]fearedbliss[/mention], I don’t know how much time total. I played off and on over at least 15 years with these characters. A few were remade along the way (Assassin, Sorc, Druid, Barb twice) because my builds weren’t good enough to reach 99 in a reasonable time.

The leveling itself, if being 100% focused wouldn’t take too long, a few months, if you have solid builds and gear. Doing the item finding is what took me the longest time I’d say. I wanted every character to have his own set of gear, so no passing Shaftstops, or Gazes around, for example.

My next \"goal\" which I won’t take too seriously, would be to do it again, but in Hardcore... I want to try different builds which are less optimal, so I actually just want to finish Hell with all classes first. I’ve never finished LoD HC in 1.09.

Ah that makes sense. Yea it’s definitely fun going untwinked for each char. I actually wrote that - I guess you can call it - essay on always going untwinked haha. At the moment for my latest stashes, I’ve been going twinked, but looking forward to going untwinked again for some other chars. Given that I’ve been switching between multiple patches, and also between classic and expansion modes within thise patches (depending if they even have an lod mode), it definitely takes a while going untwinked for everything, so I’ll spice it up and just switch between twinked/untwinked. The last time I played HC seriously was back in 2003 during the 1.10 ladder seasons.. and the whole NTPK/TPPK Clan IN days. Let’s just say, you are definitely way safer playing on offline single player, and not necessarily just because of the latency haha. HC was definitely a memorable experience.

I’ll definitely be interested in seeing your progress for your future HC endeavors (or SC).

I wasn’t going untwinked though, that would have taken forever haha. It was quite the opposite actually. I just farmed Meph/Pindle a lot with my sorc so all my characters could have all their gear. I didn’t start a character until I had most of its gear ready. The nuance is that most people, for example, would find a single Shaftstop for example, and pass it around their characters as they need it. In my case, I wanted one for each class that uses it, to avoid transfering stuff all the time.

And all my characters were working as a team in that way. Any item I’d find which could be an upgrade for another class, I would just move it to that other character. This way, by the end, most of my characters had a solid inventory of good charms and most items had good rolls too. For example, my sorc has 9 Fire skillers (some with life) in her inventory, and 8 Cold skillers in her stash. All of her small charms are 20 lifers, some with resists.

I’ll make a thread soon just to give updates on my progress, I’m planning on starting LoD HC eventually, but since I now finished the main part of my \"project\", I want to take a break for a few days/week. Also, I’m also almost done with all 3 class level 50 in D1. Currently sitting at 50/50/49 haha

[mention]Erayz[/mention] Ah gotcha. I thought given 15 years, it’s definitely doable to go untwinked for each in that time frame :lol:. At least you can say you got your money’s worth though!

I LOVE D1 SP. I beat it with all three classes and basically finished at the usual level 23-25 mark, but I didn’t continue to 50, although it’s something I definitely want to do. Succulent was definitely influenced by D1 (hence the lack of level requirements haha). But still, I do like D1 more than D2 overall though even though I’ve spent most of my life at this point in the D2 universe.

Back