Compatibility means that the game can be launched with Cactus and there are no major issues. Please read the "Known Issues" section for any mod you play and make sure that it still works correctly with the rest of your Cactus platforms, modded or not. The lists are displayed in alphabetical order.
For mod authors: Please take a look at my Cactus Porting Initiative post for ways to contact me if needed.
The Original Mod Source Archives that I used to create the platforms can be found at the referenced link. They can be used to either audit the files that I'm distributing (or others), allow people to help experiment with porting them to Cactus, or just as a way to have an additional mirror to assist with preservation.
- Median XL
- Hellfire II: Lazarus
- Hell Unleashed
- 1.07.41 Beta
- 1.09b Final Edition
- Back to Hellfire
Bronze (Not Compatible)
- Eastern Sun
Code: Select all
Incompatibilities ------------- - The game needs to allow launching directly from the Diablo II root directory. The game currently uses a nested launcher located in es300r/es300r_launcher.exe. - The game needs to allow the game to run normally without the CD. The game tries to implement its own (or supporting) DRM by checking for the CD.
The following mods have been requested by their authors to not be ported to Cactus:
- None are ignored at the moment
Compatibility Status Key
- Platinum - Works perfectly with no issues out of the box.
- Gold - Works well but there are still some small non-critical issues or annoyances which may require user intervention.
- Silver - Works well but there are still problems which require user intervention.
- Bronze - Game has severe problems and cannot be played or is dangerous to other files.
Modeled after Wine HQ's Rating System
- The game needs to allow launching directly from the Diablo II root directory.
- The game needs to leave the Save Path alone and let Cactus manage it.
- The game needs to allow the game to run normally without the CD.