What weapon has the highest avg dmg in 1.00?

dariustriplet said:
WW hits half as often in 1.05 as in 1.00 - but Lances deal a little less than twice the damage of a Pike (70.5 average), so it washes out :) It’s _much_ easier to find a decent Pike than a Lance, though, so you don’t have to put up with hours of crummy WW before getting to slaughter monsters in 1.00.

Good luck with the Sorc gear - thankfully you can get pretty far gambling, then buying a +mana/faster cast wand/scepter. Are you going for 7fpa?

Thanks, it’s nice having a good idea of how things function.
Got everything except a shard for testing and the sorc is level 8. would you happen to know what fcr shard is? Please tell me it’s 50%! whats 7fpa on a sorc?? going for 9frame 63 fcr
Is the \"Fastest Cast Rate\" on wands and eyeless all 20% ?
I was going to wait until I gambled shard and test myself but looks like I’m going to be spending the next few days trying to work out how to make these AHK hotkeys work before I sink another hundred, or maybe thousand hours into playing sorceress.

fearedbliss said:
Right, for me I prefer overall game stability so I like 1.05b over 1.00. but if you are hunting for 1.00 rares in the fastest way possible, then 1.00 is good for the cow king stuff. I would prefer to find rares in a regular working way, to help with finding items as I’m playing the game globally, and not just a single zone.

But overall, it really depends what you are trying to get out of the game. For some people let’s say 1.07 or 1.08 might be better than 1.09b ;D.

I checked out the case against twinking video today, I definitely agree with it, you are cutting your own nose off despite your face if you twink too much. I plan on doing both, my main focus is on a++ 1.11+ save file for a while though. Being able to play like this is exactly what ALL the other arpg’s are missing. Grim dawn, torchlight 1+2, titan quest, etc, they all gave me 50 hours each but lack long term scope

Ülthör said:
would you happen to know what fcr shard is? Please tell me it’s 50%! whats 7fpa on a sorc?? going for 9frame 63 fcr
I was going to wait until I gambled shard and test myself but

IIRC you need seven sources of Fast Cast Rate (Faster/Fastest counting as 2, which is what Shard is) to hit 7fpa with a Sorceress. You’d have to use Wall, a Faster Cast weapon, and at least three of rings/amulet/gloves to hit it. You can’t use SoJ + Frostburn on a 7fpa Sorc, so you’ll blow through your mana pool quickly casting 3.5 Orbs a second, but it’s absolutely worth seeing it.

Shard was always frowned upon during 1.05 because it requires 26 points of dex, which does absolutely nothing in that patch. Unless it’s free (e.g. you have huge +dex from elsewhere) I’d use a wand or scepter.

[mention]Ülthör[/mention] Yea doing both is probably the best. That way you can give yourself challenges and sometimes only go untwinked, but for some other stashes, you can share. I guess you can consider it a type of \"season theme\" lol.

dariustriplet said:
Ülthör said:
would you happen to know what fcr shard is? Please tell me it’s 50%! whats 7fpa on a sorc?? going for 9frame 63 fcr
I was going to wait until I gambled shard and test myself but

IIRC you need seven sources of Fast Cast Rate (Faster/Fastest counting as 2, which is what Shard is) to hit 7fpa with a Sorceress. You’d have to use Wall, a Faster Cast weapon, and at least three of rings/amulet/gloves to hit it. You can’t use SoJ + Frostburn on a 7fpa Sorc, so you’ll blow through your mana pool quickly casting 3.5 Orbs a second, but it’s absolutely worth seeing it.

Shard was always frowned upon during 1.05 because it requires 26 points of dex, which does absolutely nothing in that patch. Unless it’s free (e.g. you have huge +dex from elsewhere) I’d use a wand or scepter.

So everyone could hit the modern 200fcr breakpoint no probs, orb had no cooldown, and we all played on 56k modens and would spam orbs outside rogue encampment in full games just because it looked cool. What could go wrong?
I was convinced shard must give something more than 10res for the dex investment, kind of glad it doesn’t.

Back in 2000 sorc was my first character and I was an early bird on knowing FCR is better than +skill. I still remember reading through the guide - colour theme used was similar to this forum, blueish greys.. I remember it well.
The guide stated the gear needed but no real information on breakpoints. The only point of contention was whether to use 1 soj or go full fcr. After my later experiences with breakpoints, I always thought that old build was wrong. But now you’ve brought this to light - I see it was bang on after all.

Bit of an off topic , If anyone knows a thing or 2 about AHK, I’d be forever in your debt if you can get any of this to work, please PM me

I simply want a left click toggle on keyboard button that gets interrupted/reset by any key you might use, including mouse buttons
And a right click toggle that functions in the same way, with an exception - all the skill keys should not interrupt the right click toggle, but they should all still activate the right click toggle.
Eventually I want 2 lines of hotkeys for the same skills. One that toggles them freely, and the next line will cast when held down like a standard d2 AHK script will allow you to do. When I get this, having the normal gameplay option won’t be so important.

If we ignore the above there bare minimum I’m trying to achieve is:
Left and right click toggles, on S and D, that cancel each other one out as to never be holding both buttons at once. Using the mouse clicks in any way also needs to cancel them out. Being able to switch to playing normal without buttons being held down in a separate buffer is the most important if you can’t get the exact controls you need.

Getting multiple toggles over multiple buttons to work, that get reset when you press other buttons, isn’t easy. Using more than one script often doesn’t work either, for whatever reason, but I’d be happy to do that.

I have a very janky barb script which somehow functions near perfectly - giving me independent toggles and normal gameplay no problem, I don’t know how it works, but it works. I’ll keep trying until I get one which functions for casters too :)

[mention]Ülthör[/mention] Feel free to open a topic about AHK stuff in the Technical Support forum. There are a bunch of other topics regarding utilities and scripts in there, it’s possible someone may respond.

Thanks, I’ll do that at some point soon.

For now, I’ve given up and I’m back on my barb which plays like a dream. I can toggle running around with S, toggle shift down (ww) with A, and can use left click and shift at (almost) any time to cancel out the toggle and allow me to go into normal gameplay mode. slight learning curve for the occasional times it doesn’t cancel clicks but it was worth spending an entire day making.

Since we’re here, I’ll leave this for anyone who wants to play barb for hours with ease-
S = Toggle run - left click down/up
A = Toggle whirlwind - left shift down/up

The trick to using it right is to generally go around with auto run toggled on and pressing shift to WW, and if you enable the ww toggle, try and make sure you either left click or go to holding shift to finish up the ww. Holding shift at the end of a ww toggle is the best option to continue auto running, left click (or double left click to also move somewhere) is the best option to stop in your tracks. There’s another bit of code for typing players8 or casting war crys which is not here.

Code:
 Pause::ExitApp

#NoEnv
 SendMode Input
 #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
 #If WinActive(\"ahk_exe Game.exe\")

$s::
Toggle1 := !Toggle1
GoSub, SendKey
return
SendKey:
If Toggle1 {
	Send {LButton Down}
	}
else {
	Send {LButton up}
        Send {Blind}{LShift Up}
     }
return
~LButton::
if (toggle1)
{
	toggle1:=0
	Gosub, SendKey
}
return

$a::
    if GetKeyState(\"LShift\")
        Send {Blind}{LShift Up}
    else
        Send {Blind}{LShift Down}
return

~LShift Up::
If allUp(\"a\") {
 Send {LShift up}
 Toggle := False
}
Return

allUp(keys) {
 upp := True
 Loop, Parse, keys
  upp := GetKeyState(A_LoopField, \"P\") ? False : upp
 Return upp
}

#If

I find the code so nice that I might just play barb 90% of the time on all patches if I can’t get a caster toggle script working

So I finally got around to making some tests. Conclusion to the original thread -

the damage output possible for ww in 1.00 does seem to be FAR greater than possible in later patches. This probably makes it the best patch for farming gold for gambling, although I need to try hammerdin in 1.05b and see how that compares for kill speed.
Luckily, because this barb is a lance barb destined for 1.05b I will be able to confirm once I have 2 near perfect barbs. It’s a way off but we’ll eventually know for sure just how big the difference is.

your weapon must have the maximum range of 4, ancient axe and mauls are useless in crowds (also tested and confirmed, thank you to dariustriplet for sharing his thoughts from his own tests, I can confirm his findings)

Leaving pole arms as our choice IF you want to keep a barb in 1.00, go with lances if you plan to time travel with the character.

But wait, theres more -

Turns out the damage of each weapon is slightly different back then, so our winner is...

Bec-De-Corbin at 50.5 average damage... If it can drop, I just went from 80-82 just looking for it and didn’t find either a Partizan or Bec-De-Corbin. Will edit when confirmed after a few more levels.

Here’s the scores for our pole arms:

Grim Scythe = 46.5
Partizan = 47.5 [probably can’t drop in 1.00]
Bec-De-Corbin = 50.5 [can only drop from act 4 champions/bosses]

and Pike = 38.5

After delving into more reading, looks like I’m a few years too late on this branch of discovery.

Looks like the only real reason to stick around is for the goldfind boots and tcp/ip opportunitys, got a 1.05b sorc in a4 hell and some chars I wouldnt mind making for any fresh starts

why doesn’t anyone ever talk about rare 119 goldfind belts? is there better options in later patches? it’s similar difference to the boots if we compare it with goldwrap and rares, both 80% goldfind in 1.10+ as far as I know (hopefully someone who knows see’s this)

Apparantly the rare rings in 1.07 beat out the ones in early classic, I’ve got myself 4 sojs so far, so I’m headed to 1.07 and 1.09 now

Back