Nemesis’ Forwarding Quest

Nemesis

Hello,

Just checking in. Started Thursday night on 1.07, currently have FOrb/Static Sorc into A4 NM. I played 1.08 on bnet from launch. Ultimately interested in forwarding items into my future SP accounts.

Few things I’ve noticed playing 1.07:
  • Superior Bases seem to drop all the time.
  • Forwarding Superior Weapon bases seems really OP.
  • Even with rejuv bug, game is still fairly challenging.
  • Going from 24-30 without investing more than 1 point into prereqs was fairly challenging, but I found that Izual provided a nice exp farm in Normal for this purpose. Haven’t screwed up my skill tree at all yet. Stat points may be a different story :(

Haha [mention]Nemesis[/mention]. Welcome to the forum.

I’ve only played a bit of 1.07, but it’s on my list. I did Matriarch a Sorc in 1.08 though. The crafting possibilities is something that interests me in 1.07, particularly crafting a bow, having rare affixes roll on it, then you could imbue crafted items apparently, and adding Ber runs in it since crushing blow isn’t nerfed at all. Things gonna get wild!

I meant forwarding \"Eth\" weapon bases seems OP.

I have saved all imbues and Larzuk quests so far and I do want to experiment with imbuing crafted items.

[mention]Nemesis[/mention] Welcome to the forum! It’s nice to see a veteran player who played 1.08 back in the day!

[mention]fearedbliss[/mention] What’s this about imbued crafted items? Is this a bug in 1.07? Give deets please!

[mention]Nemesis[/mention] BTW, I would LOVE a rush in 1.07 (via TCP-IP). And if it interests you, I can rush you in 1.09 or 1.10 to repay the favor. I started a Sorc on 1.07 a while back, but I just can’t be assed to level her up the old fashioned way. Figured I’d ask this BEFORE you roll a GG map cuz once that happens you will not want to lose it!

Manny said:
@Nemesis Welcome to the forum! It’s nice to see a veteran player who played 1.08 back in the day!

@fearedbliss What’s this about imbued crafted items? Is this a bug in 1.07? Give deets please!

I haven’t seen much online about imbued crafted items. I’m planning to only use imbues on crafts to try out a few things - I will post the results here when I have the opportunity. So far I have crafted nothing but have 3 imbues available right now.

Manny said:
@Nemesis BTW, I would LOVE a rush in 1.07 (via TCP-IP). And if it interests you, I can rush you in 1.09 or 1.10 to repay the favor. I started a Sorc on 1.07 a while back, but I just can’t be assed to level her up the old fashioned way. Figured I’d ask this BEFORE you roll a GG map cuz once that happens you will not want to lose it!

Yeah probably around Christmas time will be good for me. Right now I’m stuck on Hell Duriel, she is 1-shotting me and 2-shotting the merc. Can’t shift-potion to feed rejuvs to the merc so it’s kind of clunky to drop a rejuv on his icon.

Looks like forwarding Ethereal Superior Weapons is not as good as forwarding Ethereal Weapons:

Nemesis said:
Yeah probably around Christmas time will be good for me. Right now I’m stuck on Hell Duriel, she is 1-shotting me and 2-shotting the merc. Can’t shift-potion to feed rejuvs to the merc so it’s kind of clunky to drop a rejuv on his icon.

Looks like forwarding Ethereal Superior Weapons is not as good as forwarding Ethereal Weapons:

Cool. I’m off that whole week for Christmas, so I will definitely have time then. We can also use the Mumble server that [mention]fearedbliss[/mention] so graciously created for voice chat, if we want it.

And yeah, that 50% damage mod on the base ETH weapon is straight FIRE. What base and runeword are you planning to make, btw?

Manny said:
Nemesis said:

Cool. I’m off that whole week for Christmas, so I will definitely have time then. We can also use the Mumble server that @fearedbliss so graciously created for voice chat, if we want it.

And yeah, that 50% damage mod on the base ETH weapon is straight FIRE. What base and runeword are you planning to make, btw?

Yeah sounds good around Christmas time...I am probably looking to blast 1.07/1.08 for a while. Just got into A4 Hell around clvl 64.

In the waaay future (D2R), Spear class items can be made into Infinity. Mancatcher is the fastest elite base in the game for this purpose, and I have enough runes on my D2R SP to make a 2nd infinity now (1st one is Eth Thresher) that I made in early 2022.

For now, enjoy my notable 1.07 finds:

Grats on that 20life/+max dmg small charm! It’s very nice!

Manny said:
Grats on that 20life/+max dmg small charm! It’s very nice!

Thanks but it’s a min damage! An item that’s not possible in the future! (I think +1min/+20 life may be possible in the future, though.) My first real \"time traveling W\", but this one isn’t going to the future yet, it’s desperately needed on my 1.07 main haha

Nemesis said:
Thanks but it’s a min damage! An item that’s not possible in the future! (I think +1min/+20 life may be possible in the future, though.) My first real \"time traveling W\", but this one isn’t going to the future yet, it’s desperately needed on my 1.07 main haha

Oh wow, i’ve never seen one with min damage before. Rad!

Update:

Hell is cleared, farmed a few more clvls, now 74. I finally hit the 63 FCR BP with this: (Thanks, Meph!)

[mention]Manny[/mention] I can probably make good on that rush any time now. I’ll probably rush a Zon (LFury) and/or another Sorc (Nova) at the same time!

[mention]Nemesis[/mention]

I am totally up for a rush! Let me know if you have any time this weekend. :)

And grats on Magefist! Great find!

Ran some LK (aka slot machine) for a while.

Notable drops:
+1 light skills GC
+1 shadow skills GC
10 all res / 18 life LC
+9 max LC
+17 mana +5 FHR SC
Eth Sup (13/1) Giant Thresher
Pul rune (same run as Eth Sup GT)
Eth Giant Thresher

The great threshers are from a rack where it’s ~75% odds to get great thresher

The superior eth forwards and maintains better dmg than the non-superior:

Well gents. I may have accomplished one of my big goals already. I rolled a LK map which was giving me Mancatchers about 1 in every 8 (it is pretty particular on the path). This is actually the first eth one that didn’t have the wrong number of sockets.

I read somewhere on the net that 1.07 Larzuk always gives 4os to polearm/spear class weapons. Can anyone confirm? I am too scared to put it in the cube right now...

You can experiment by making your character save file read only, trying it out, and then you can remove the read only attribute to continue.

Congrats on the find, [mention]Nemesis[/mention] !!

Back