1.08 Crafting Recipes (+ 1.07)

fearedbliss

Administrator
Staff member
This post contains the crafting recipes for 1.08, specifically the Normal / Elite crafts. You can find the full list of recipes for 1.07 and 1.08 in the links below. These are directly extracted from the MPQs, and I renamed the extension from .txt to .csv so that it’s easier to open with programs like LibreOffice Calc (Spreadsheet). The 1.07 recipes are similar to the 1.08 ones but not all of them are activated, however, a benefit of 1.07 is that you can use any gem type of the appropriate type for the recipes, meaning that instead of using a Perfect Ruby for a Blood Recipe, you can use a chipped ruby (or any other ruby) as well. You also can use any white base item equivalent for the recipe in 1.07, it doesn’t need to be the magic version. The images/recipes below are focusing on 1.08 however.

Below you will find all of the Normal / Elite Crafts (also known as Lesser / Greater). You’ll also see the \"Deadly Crafts\" which are only available during certain days of the month. 1.08 was the only version where these existed and it’s also the only patch that allowed for a belt to have Crushing Blow. Another interesting tidbit is that when crafting weapons, you can use any weapon, not just a specific one like in later patches.

Deadly Crafts

Blizzard North said:
Deadly Items are only available on specific days of the month. For example, to activate the first Deadly Item, you must use the Formula during days 1 through 7 of this month. On day 8, this formula will not be active. You’ll have to wait until days 1 through 7 of the next month to try this formula again.

View attachment 7

Blood (Normal / Elite)

Hit Power (Normal / Elite)

Safety (Normal / Elite)

Caster (Normal / Elite)
No image available for Normal Caster.

All recipes require the appropriate Magic Item and Perfect Gem.

Caster Helm (Mask + Jewel + El + Amethyst)
=======

(1-4)% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Boots (Leather Boots + Jewel + Eld + Amethyst)
=======

Increase Maximum Mana (5-10)%
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Gloves (Bracers + Jewel + Tir + Amethyst)
=======

+ (1-3) Mana Per Kill
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Belt (Heavy Belt + Jewel + Nef + Amethyst)
=======

1-15% Faster Cast Rate
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Shield (Small Shield + Jewel + Eth + Amethyst)
=======

+ (5-10)% Increased Chance Of Blocking
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Body (Plate Mail + Jewel + Ith + Amethyst)
=======

+ (1-3) Mana Per Kill
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Amulet (Amulet + Jewel + Tal + Amethyst)
=======

1-15% Faster Cast Rate
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Ring (Ring + Jewel + Ral + Amethyst)
=======

+ (5-10) To Energy
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

Caster Weapon (Weapon + Jewel + Ort + Amethyst)
=======

+ (34-67%) Enhanced Damage
Regenerate Mana (4-12)%
+ (10-20) To Mana

View attachment 4

Bonus

The following are the Arreat Summit pages for 1.07 and 1.08. Not all the links work but a lot of them seem to have the proper information.

Not a bad roll on a new glove. I used the elite blood glove recipe for this. This is also replacing my Zon’s existing blood glove (which was crafted with the normal version).

Elite Blood Gloves
View attachment 1

Normal Blood Gloves

Yooo this was the info I was looking for! Epic post. So do Deadly crafts still work in 1.08, or was that only on BNET? I am going to start working on some blood gloves for my Zon!

[mention]Manny[/mention] They all work on Single Player but you need to do it within the allowed dates of the month. I also read that if you want to have the best possible possibility to role have the most amount of affixes, you need to craft the recipe with a rune that was found in the same game. If you find a rune, save it and leave the game, you can still use the recipe but it won’t get all the affixes.

This thread talks about the \"rune freshness\" situation:

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/1-08-deadly-crafts-why-how-and-when.1553/

It’s interesting to know it but I don’t really care about min-maxing to that extreme so I would just concentrate on the fun of the craft and try to make the best one you could at whatever time you could afford to make it. It would be difficult to get the runes on the exact date.

[mention]fearedbliss[/mention] Thanks man. I owe you for this thread. Look at this friggen shiet I crafted.

Good Lord! The stat rolls could be higher, but I love these gloves. The only trash roll IMO is the 12% cold res. I couldn’t give two shits about resistance on my bowa, I wish that rolled +2 skills or something else, but these have replaced my Laying of Hands for most scenarios. Truth be told, I can’t stand LoH on her anymore only because I’m at 8 frames now and that Holy Bolt graphic triggers so often it gets annoying hearing that sound effect. :lol:

I’m working now on getting some jewels and stuff together to try for a nice Deadly pair. Stay tuned folks

[mention]Manny[/mention] I completely forgot you had 1.08 chars lol.

[mention]fearedbliss[/mention]

Haha, I don’t! Work smarter not harder my bro. :D

Anytime I want to have fun with 1.08 crafts, I just load my 1.09 characters in 1.09 final edition.

Hmm. Give me a few and I will post some screenshots of some of my best crafts so far, including some deadly crafts. Erayz saw a few!

[mention]Manny[/mention] Lol, you really do love that 1.09 Final Edition. [mention]galaxyhaxz[/mention] now has a loyal disciple! :lol:

fearedbliss said:
@Manny Lol, you really do love that 1.09 Final Edition. @galaxyhaxz now has a loyal disciple! :lol:

:lol: 1000% man :lol:

Viper Talisman = just what the dr. ordered to hit 105% FCR on my Nova Sorc
Havoc Slippers = rolled max MF% and max LR%. Those are GG in my book.
Viper Collar = originally loved this ammy for the mana leech on my Javazon. It eventually got replaced by perfect Mara’s, but stays in my stash as a trophy.

Entropy Gyre = crafted blood ring on my bowa, numero uno
Skull Band = crafted blood ring on my bowa, numero dos

The above rings give a total of +29 str, meaning I didn’t have to put a single point into strength beyond the 95 str needed to equip War Traveler (which themselves give +10 str). This means I need these to equip my WF, but it also means I was able to put those points into dex :D

Blood Winding = a crafted deadly belt currently worn on my baba. It hit 10% CB & 10% DS which are max rolls. GG in my book.

[mention]Manny[/mention] Damn all those crafts are sexy af! Only thing that made me sad was that the ammy only got 5% FCR (max 15% it seems) :(. But everything on that ammy (and other crafts) is beautiful. Only one thing to do, keep trying to craft a better ammy haha... and the journey continues.

[mention]fearedbliss[/mention] haha, I thought the same thing the day that ammy was born, lol. Crafting is addicting man. It’s probably my favorite way to break up the monotony of boss running. I’ll grind the mats needed for a good 15~20 crafts and then have a little crafting session. Most of the time it’s all throwaways, but when you strike gold, you get a nice dopamine hit, lol.

Lol yea, crafting is an interesting thing. I do like it overall, but I did write about how crafting in a way isn’t good when it comes to a randomly generated game since the point of crafting is to introduce a certain level of determinism into the game, which actually breaks the dopamine hit of \"relying on RNG\".. but regardless of that, you are right that when you do \"strike gold\", that is also a dopamine hit, and like you said, most of the time it’s a throwaway so it’s not like you are getting fed good stuff all the time. I feel I need more time to continue reflecting on these subjects and their impacts for me to have a better conclusion on it. My views always continue to \"evolve\" lmfao.

fearedbliss said:
Lol yea, crafting is an interesting thing. I do like it overall, but I did write about how crafting in a way isn’t good when it comes to a randomly generated game since the point of crafting is to introduce a certain level of determinism into the game, which actually breaks the dopamine hit of \"relying on RNG\".. but regardless of that, you are right that when you do \"strike gold\", that is also a dopamine hit, and like you said, most of the time it’s a throwaway so it’s not like you are getting fed good stuff all the time. I feel I need more time to continue reflecting on these subjects and their impacts for me to have a better conclusion on it. My views always continue to \"evolve\" lmfao.

Hmm. Yeah I don’t know about that one. I think I would disagree that crafting is \"less RNG\" than dropped gear. Both items that are dropped and crafted items each have a determined set of affixes per item type, a number of affixes that can appear, a quality type (magic, set, etc.), and their respective/variable ranges. The only difference IMHO between dropped items and crafted is that obviously for crafted items you will need to obtain the materials and cube the item versus obtaining it from a monster. Hell, now that I think about it, I might even argue that crafted gear is MORE random than most dropped gear due to the naming system alone, since it uses a constructed name mechanism like rare items. A pair of set Bramble Mitts will always be Laying of Hands. A pair of crafted Blood Gloves? Well, you get my point. ;)

[mention]Manny[/mention] Not so. Most of the items in the game are either white trash drops, or you don’t even get drops. Sure sometimes the game \"randomly\" selects an item that gets to be magic or a rare, and in that case you have the probability of getting a few affixes (that are not 100% as determined and are selected from a wide range of affix pools). So there could be a long time that passes before you even get a rare item (like in prelod drop rates). Crafted items are specifically designed to introduce determinism into the game. This means that once you do get those crafting materials, you are _guaranteed_ a certain set of affix properties. I can guarantee you Crushing Blow with blood recipes. Crushing Blow is already an extremely important stat to have for a physical character, so if crafting didn’t exist, you would have to wait till the RNG blesses you with not only an unique item, but an unique item that happens to have Crushing Blow, which is even more rare. The crafted item of course also happens to have other affix slots that are selected from the affix pool as well (with limitations). So if you were looking for crushing blow and didn’t want to wait for the RNG system to give you something with that affix, I can find another way to deterministically create an item with the affix that I want because blood recipes guarantee CB. This makes it less random.

You can also take a look at this description from Arreat Summit about crafting:

Crafted Items have 3-4 Fixed Properties

Each Crafted Item has one or more fixed properties. For example, there are some Crafted Items guaranteed to have from 5-10% Chance of Crushing Blow. Often the Fixed Properties are not available normally on Magic or Rare Items. It’s also nice to be able to create an item knowing which fixed magical bonuses are going to always appear which is not the case with Magic or Rare Items.

Crafted Items have 1-4 Random Magical Prefixes/Suffixes

On top of those fixed properties, a Crafted Item can have from 1-4 standard Rare and Magic Prefix and Suffixes. These are generated pretty much the same way as a Rare item.

At ilvls 1-30, there’s a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 31-50, there’s a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
At ilvls 51-70, there’s an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
At ilvls 71+, there’s a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

The important part is the \"Fixed Properties\". Blizzard even says it here:

It’s also nice to be able to create an item knowing which fixed magical bonuses are going to always appear which is not the case with Magic or Rare Items.

And that’s the thing, it definitely is \"nice to know it’s always going to be there\", but it’s also anti-randomization by design. But like I said, I do like it and understand the system, but I’m still trying to come to rationalize it philosophically from a high level design perspective from someone who also loves the \"full on randomized nature\" of the game. From item generation to map generation, it’s beautiful. The core world and story holds it together, and all of these nice interesting parts are all just changing. I suppose if you go to that type of view, I could also argue that crafted items inside an ARPG can also be a form of \"having beauty (aka the fixed/determined properties) always existing, while the rest of the affixes are randomly generated\" ;).

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

Re: The name generation on the crafted items, oh hell yea. I gotta give you that, I love making up new names, and then use the personalization quest on it haha.

Ahh! I’m following you now. Yeah, I guess that’s kinda the whole point with crafting isn’t it? For example, when I was crafting ammies for my sorc, I was intentionally doing so with the recipe that would yield FCR. Meaning some amount of FCR was guaranteed by simply following the recipe. Otherwise I’d be either gambling amulets or praying that an FCR amulet would just randomly drop for me, which yeah, that would definitely be less likely to occur in comparison to simply obtaining the mats to craft one myself. Hmmm. Damn I love this game, haha. You’ve given me some good food for thought here. :D

Glad to see some activity here! There was a discovery about fresh runes awhile back, quite interesting but also a bummer since it means it’s extra difficult to get the top notch runewords. You need to carry the craft ingredients on your farming character in case the rune drops.

1.08 had a few interesting ones, but 1.07 was the best with magic only affixes on crafts. You can grind endlessly for a potential 500% enhanced damage 20% life leech weapon craft which then gets 3 sockets from larzuk. Beats out the 1.10+ runewords haha.

Keep up the good work :) I love the 1.07-1.08 era.

Great hearing from you [mention]galaxyhaxz[/mention] :)

This sword...I must know more...500% ED...20%LL...3os... :shock:

Back